Just look at this photo!!!
A healthy version of General Tso’s Chicken.
4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite-sizes pieces
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken stock, preferably homemade
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil baking dish. I used a 10 X 12.
- Place chicken in large bowl and mix with cornstarch.
- In separate bowl, whisk together chicken stock, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, paprika, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Pour over chicken and marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir, and bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions–if desired.
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me.