This is so delicious!!!
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (My addition)
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 veal scaloppine (about 1 1/2 pounds in all)
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree (one 15-ounce can) (Note: I used fresh assorted small tomatoes, halved)
- 10 ounces spinach, large stems removed, leaves washed (I used 1 bag of fresh spinach.)
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the capers, parsley, bread crumbs, anchovy paste, Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Use half for stuffing and half for sauce—my idea!
- Put the veal on a work surface and sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over the meat. Put some of the stuffing near the bottom of each piece of veal. Roll the veal up loosely, enclosing the stuffing, and secure each piece with a toothpick.
- In a large deep frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the butter over moderate heat. Add the veal rolls to the pan and brown, in batches if necessary, for about 3 minutes. Remove.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the wine to the pan and cook, stirring to dislodge any brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, stuffing, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer. Return the veal to the pan. Cover and continue to simmer, turning the rolls once, until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the veal from the pan. Add the spinach to the sauce and simmer until the spinach wilts and the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove the toothpicks from the veal rolls and serve the rolls with the sauce. Serve over noodles (my idea)
Based on a recipe from Food & Wine.
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, wedding, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Photography and Prints meant to last a lifetime! For more details about having an amazing and fun photo experience, please contact me.