My wife found the recipe in Shape Magazine, which always has many great recipes. I added the banana. Delicious!
- 1 medium turnip
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 bananas diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Line or grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Grate the turnip and drain any water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Add the dry ingredients and grated turnip to the wet mixture; mix to combine. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, wedding, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Photography and Prints meant to last a lifetime! For more details about having an amazing and fun photo experience, please contact me.
2 thoughts on “Turnip, Blueberry, Banana Muffins”
When do you prefer to add banana?
With the blueberries.