Susan asked me to make this. She found the recipe in Health. It is simple to make and so delicious. Mostly based on a recipe from “Superfoods Superfast: 100 Energizing Recipes to Make in 20 Minutes or Less,” by Julie Montagu.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2–3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 10-12 radishes, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh sage leaves, finely sliced, for garnish, optional
1. Melt coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, zucchini, and radishes and fry for 5 minutes. Add broth and coconut milk; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add dried sage and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes more.
2. Let soup cool slightly; puree in a blender (then rewarm on stove), or serve it chunky. Garnish each bowl with finely sliced fresh sage leaves, if desired.