One of the tastiest meals I have ever made!
- 6 veal scallopini
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pound the scaloppine a bit to tenderize the meat.
- Heat oil and butter medium high.
- Mix together flour salt and pepper.
- Lightly flour the meat.
- Add the scaloppine; sauté until a bit brown on both sides and almost cooked.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook another 3 minutes.
- Deglaze by slowly whisking in white wine; add chicken broth, and finally tomato paste.
- Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve; heat sauce and add the veal scaloppine.
- Serve with rice pilaf or a bed of noodle.
- This dish can be prepared ahead and finished off just before serving.
Based on a recipe from The New York Times International Cookbook.
Chasseur. sha-sur; French sha–sœr. noun. A .