A Family Favorite every Thanksgiving and Christmas!
A great accompaniment for chicken or turkey.
- 1/3 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1 pound washed fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
Slice the mushrooms, stems on, and place a layer on bottom of a 1-1/2-quart greased casserole. Mix together the butter or margarine, parsley, onion, mustard, salt, pep-per, nutmeg and flour. Dot the first layer of sliced mushrooms with half this mixture. Add a second layer of mushrooms and top with the rest of the butter mixture.
Pour the cream over all, then bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
~From “The Country Innkeepers’ Cookbook.” A wonderful cookbook here in Bruce’s Kitchen.