I hardly ever make a crust for my quiche. Why bother? And crustless means less calories for those like me who are working to lose weight!
You can add almost anything to this quiche: onion, bacon, sausage, spinach, peppers. In this quiche I added leek, mushrooms, and tomato.
Preheat oven to 350F
- 5-6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup half & half (or milk or heavy cream–if you prefer a more custardy quiche add more), room temperature
- 1 leek, washed, halved down the middle and sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, halved down the middle and sliced thin
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- pinch of nutmeg or allspice
- salt and pepper to taste
Grease a 10″ pie plate.
Sauté leek, mushrooms and zucchini and set aside to cool.
Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add half & half, salt and pepper, and nutmeg, and beat thoroughly. Then add your vegetable and cheeses. Mix well. Pour the mixture into your prepared pie plate.
Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35–45 minutes. Maybe 50 minutes if your prefer a crusty top!
Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
I believe I am making the world a better place with beautiful photography. If you are looking for beautiful portrait, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me.