- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter*
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Minced fresh basil or tarragon, optional ****I used fresh basil…I wouldn\’t leave it out!!
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill for 7 minutes per side or in a large skillet, cook chicken in butter* over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In sauce pan or the same skillet, combine the preserves, vinegar, blueberries and mustard, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Dijon Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p54