The new issue of Cooking Light arrived one day last week. The issue is full of some great recipes. I made a variation of the cover story recipe the day the issue arrived. Normally, I would have grilled the salmon but our grill was broken so I cooked the salmon in the oven at 450 for about 10 minutes. I served the salmon with roasted asparagus and tomatoes from our garden.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb. Sockeye, Coho or King Salmon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven.
2. Spoon maple syrup over Salmon.
3. Combine first 6 ingredients; rub spice mixture evenly over flesh side of fillets. Place fish on a shallow baking pan coated with covered with aluminum foil. Cook 8-12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Do you have a favorite way of cooking salmon? Share your recipe with me, please.
If you would like to fill your home with beautiful photographs, or need a portrait, a wedding photographed or if you are an interior designer and need photographs of your projects, contact me for a consultation.
Drawing on that degree in Art History, a passion for telling stories, and years working as a portrait and documentary photographer (And owning an Art Gallery) helps me bring a heightened sensitivity to my photography. Let’s make the world a more beautiful place!