Savored by pharaohs, sultans, and ancient Romans, you should treat yourself and a friend to this very special, sinfully delicious pizza.
1 Moma Mary’s Pizza Crust(also sold under the Stop & Shop brand)
8-10 strips bacon
16-24 whole fresh mint leaves
5 figs (I used Calimyrina Figs from Trader Joe’s), remove stalks & cut each fig into 8 wedges
4 1/2 ounces mozzarella
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2-3 Garden Fresh Tomatoes (I used ones from my garden!)
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Cut the bacon strips in half. Lay one or two mint leaves on each strip and roll up neatly. In a skillet, cook bacon rolls, seam-side down, turning gently often, to brown on all sides. Remove and set aside on paper towel.
3. Cut the mozzarella into thin slices. Seed tomatoes and coarsely chop. Add both to a bowl with figs, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4. Lightly oil crust and cook on pizza stone for about 8-10 minutes till crust is lightly brown.
5. Remove pizza crust from oven. Arrange bacon rolls and mozzarella mixture on pizza crust. Put back in oven and cook till mozzarella is melted, about 5-8 minutes.
6. Cut into slices and enjoy!
What is your favorite pizza?
If you would like to fill your home with beautiful photographs, or need a portrait, a wedding photographed or if you are an interior designer and need photographs of your projects, contact me for a consultation.
Drawing on that degree in Art History, a passion for telling stories, and years working as a portrait and documentary photographer (And owning an Art Gallery) helps me bring a heightened sensitivity to my photography. Let’s make the world a more beautiful place! Buon Appetito!