I quote from the book, Canyon Ranch Cooking, Bringing the Spa Home:
“We have been serving this coarse-textured, low-fat bread since the day we opened in Tucson. It is so popular with our guests that many of them order loaves of it to take home with them when they leave. It is especially good toasted and spread with a little of our Fitness Cheese or Fresh Apple Butter (both recipes are in this outstanding cookbook).
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons fructose
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Spray a standard-size (9 x 5 inch) loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine the flour, bran. baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Add the raisins and mix again.
4. Combine the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla in another bowl and mix.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until moist.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the bread, while still in the pan, on its side on a wire rack to cool.
7. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
It was delicious!