You will love this!
- 1 tablespoon butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Cod Loin, about 4 ounces each
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup homemade stock + 1/4 cup ginger ale
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add oil. Add sliced onions and cook until golden and soft, stirring frequently, about 12-15 minutes. Add thyme and bay leaf to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season cod with salt and pepper and place on top of onions. Add stock and ginger ale. Bring liquids to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and braise cod until just cooked through, about 7 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives.
Do you have a favorite Cod recipe? I would love to hear about it!