I am busy making cookies for Christmas.
These are so delicious!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoons dried chipotle pepper, ground (can substitute one-eighth teaspoon cayenne or smoked paprika)
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar crystals, (or granulated sugar)
- parchment paper
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cut out parchment to exactly fit the baking sheet.
In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, black pepper and chipotle pepper.
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until incorporated (don’t over-mix).
Shape the dough into a 12-inch log and wrap in parchment or plastic wrap. Put dough in freezer for 10 minutes to firm the dough. Put sugar crystals in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Roll the dough log in the sugar, pressing sugar into the dough to coat the log evenly.
Cut the log into half-inch slices and bake on parchment-lined baking sheets until cookies are no longer soft to the touch, about 10 minutes. Let them rest on the baking sheet for about 1 minute to firm them, then transfer to a rack with a metal spatula.
Cool completely, and serve cookies on a platter.
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, wedding, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Photography and Prints meant to last a lifetime! For more details about having an amazing and fun photo experience, please contact me.