Based on a recipe from Food & Wine.
SO DELICIOUS!!! And easy to prepare!
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 jumbo scallops (1 1/2 pounds), side muscle removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons drained small capers
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and boil over high heat until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, shaking off the excess water.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Season the scallops with salt and pepper; add to the skillet in a single layer and cook over high heat until golden and crusty, about 2 minutes. Turn the scallops. Add the butter, cauliflower, pecans, capers and raisins and cook undisturbed until the scallops are white throughout and the cauliflower is lightly browned in spots, about 1 minute longer. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir gently to coat. Transfer to plates, garnish with the parsley and serve.