Very easy to make. I might consider using regular flour next time. Or almond flour. I used whole wheat.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup whole spelt (or whole wheat) flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup ground pistachios
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios for garnish
- Using an electric mixer, whip the butter, sugar, cardamom, and ground pistachios together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour and mix until a uniform dough is obtained.
- With floured hands, roll into balls about an inch in diameter. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 3 inches apart.
- With your thumb, make an indentation in each ball and fill with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate the cookie sheet with the cookies on it for about 15 minutes, while you preheat your oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F. (NOTE: I baked for 20 minutes.) Allow the cookies to cool on the pan before removing.
Based on a recipe from Kitchen Vignettes.
I believe I am making the world a better place with beautiful photography. If you are looking for beautiful portrait, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me.