I served this with a Roast Turkey Breast and Mushroom Gravy and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Raisins and Walnuts.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 1/2 cups homemadestock
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup assorted gourmet mushrooms
- 2-3 big handfuls of spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4+ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a medium sized pot combine the farro with the stock. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for about 25 minutes for semi-pearled farro and 50 minutes for whole farro. The farro is done when the grains are tender and all the water has been absorbed. Set aside.
- While the farro is cooking, gently saute the mushrooms in the oil.
- Stir the mushrooms, baby spinach, red pepper flakes, and cheese into the farro, mixing with a large spoon to combine well.