Serves two. Based on recipe from Gourmet Weekends.
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
6 pearl onions, boiled and peeled
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
3 cups chicken broth
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat butter and olive oil over moderately high heat in large frying pan.
- Brown chicken and transfer to bowl.
- Add onions, garlic, cumin, ginger and red pepper flakes to frying pan over moderately love heat, stirring often.
- Return chicken to frying pan. Add chick peas and broth. Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes. Mixture will be soupy. If thicker stew is desired simmer longer uncovered.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chopped cilantro.