Based on a recipe from Honest & Tasty.
- 1 large Eggplant or the equivalent amount of the smaller eggplant variety
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pounds of Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Campari Tomatoes), rinsed and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon of freshly minced garlic
- Peel eggplant (I know. The skin is good for you but we just don’t like it.) Dice 1/4 inch cubes. Fry until cooked in hot oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook till almost soft the onion and red pepper. Add garlic and cook for another minute or two. Set aside.
- Cook beef stirring often. Return eggplant, red pepper, and onions to pan. Heat for 5-10 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes until tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve with sour cream or yogurt over noodles—-if desired.
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, wedding, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Photography and Prints meant to last a lifetime! For more details about having an amazing and fun photo experience, please contact me.