Quoting The New York Times:
“Bake fish Moroccan-style with spices, herbs, tomatoes and olives. This easy all-in-one recipe can be served immediately or at room temperature, making it perfect for a dinner party. Double or triple it if you’d like, and include it as part of a buffet. With a good bottle of wine, it will feel just like summer.”
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably hot
- 1 pinch saffron threads, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 pounds fish fillets (4 fillets): fluke, black sea bass, hake (I used COD.)
- 1 pound large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, in half-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and slivered
- 1 pint (1 pound) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Half-cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Combine garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, paprika and saffron in a dish big enough for the fish. Mix vinegar, lemon juice and tomato paste in a small bowl. Add to dish and mix. Place fillets in the dish, turning to coat them, cover and set aside to marinate 2 hours at room temperature, 3 hours if refrigerated.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, add water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Drain.
- Brush a baking dish that can go to the table and will hold the fish in a single layer with a little of the oil. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread potatoes in the dish, season with salt and pepper, and place fish fillets on top. Scatter peppers and tomatoes over fish. Add a little more salt and pepper. Spoon any excess marinade over fish, strew with olives, drizzle with remaining oil and bake about 30 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, wedding, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Photography and Prints meant to last a lifetime! For more details about having an amazing and fun photo experience, please contact me.