Refreshing and easy to make!
- 1 pound tomato (I used one large Brandywine.)
- 1 ½ pounds seeded and cubed watermelon
- handful of mint leaves
- 1 peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Crumbled feta (If desired. We added to individual servings.)
- Combine chopped tomatoes and seeded and cubed watermelon with diced cucumber, diced jalapeno peppers, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a food processor or blender; process until chunky-smooth.
- Garnish: Crumbled feta and chopped mint.
Based on a recipe from Mark Bittman.
Great summer dinner. Fast. Easy. Tasty.
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 red pepper, quartered and thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper
6-8 ounces pasta (I used RANA fettuccine)
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallion
In a blender (or bowl) blend the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, sugar, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup hot water until sauce is smooth. Toss cooked pasta with the sauce, sliced red pepper, cucumber and scallion. YUM!!!
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Photography and Prints meant to last a lifetime! For more details about having an amazing and fun photo experience, please contact me.