Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed, caps cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup orzo
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Put the chicken in the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and cook until just done, about 5 minutes longer. Remove. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut the breasts crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in the same pan over moderately high heat. Put in the bell pepper, shiitakes, thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In the frying pan, combine the reserved pasta water with the goat cheese, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring almost to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the orzo, chicken and 3 tablespoons of the parsley. Serve topped with remaining tablespoon parsley.
Based on a recipe from Food & Wine “Quick From Scratch One-Dish Meals Cookbook.”
If you are looking for beautiful portrait, wedding, nature, or documentary photography, or someone you know is looking for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Photography and Prints meant to last a lifetime! For more details about having an amazing and fun photo experience, please contact me.