I reflect on my past and what I have created.
As I move forward, I bring with me the best of what was,
and I create the best from what is.
Thoughtfully, prayerfully and purposefully,
I am ready for a new beginning.
See, the former things have come to pass,
and new things I now declare.
“The angel said unto them,
Fear not: for, behold,
I bring you good tidings of joy,
which shall be to all people.”
~Luke 2:10 (KJV)
I roasted a turkey a few days ago
|Roast Maple Glazed Turkey, Turnip Fritter, Tri-color Couscous, Caramelized Pearl Onions, Cranberry Sauce
And had a good amount of leftovers–enough for a few sandwiches and this dish, which was excellent and so simple to prepare. Served with Basmati Rice, Chutney, and Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Pine Nuts.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (I used my homemade stock)
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add flour and curry powder; sauté 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Stir in turkey and salt. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cilantro.
~from Cooking Light, 2008
Especially during the Christmas season,
I am recognizing all the blessings all around–
my friends and family, home-cooked food, gifts under the tree and gifts of Nature.
And the gifts of Spirit, of love, wisdom and peace
are awaiting my embrace of them every moment of every day.
Centered in this awareness,
I am complete and I am open to prosperity that materializes as abundant blessings of every kind.
Always. May Peace and Love be with you.
This is what I saw
at the end of the driveway:
Many years ago
counting down the days
in Times Square
I am blessed.
I bless others through my art
and my art blesses me.
Miracles are taking place
in my life everyday;
I look at my life and acknowledge
the blessing that are there
for me right now.