A Garden View

June 29, 2011
looking out my study window:
Photo by Bruce Barone.
Almost all I have learned
about gardening and landscape design
I have learned from my dear friend
at
A Garden View.
HEY!

Who moved my chair and table???!!!
And who is that man
sitting in my garden
reading a book
and drinking a beer???!!
The first two people
to correctly identify that man
AND the book he is reading
will win a free photo album
and a 5×7 print from me.

Bonus points for identifying the beer!
~~~

10 thoughts on “A Garden View

1. P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury June 30, 2011 / 8:15 pm

Might I guess the author of this blog as usurper to this garden? I had to go back to see how your garden is growing back some pages-and it is soaring! pgt

2. Carol June 30, 2011 / 10:08 pm

The man is you… the book is a mystery (literally, because I have no idea what it is)… is the beer a John Adams?

3. Pet July 1, 2011 / 1:21 am

You do pose yourself, in your June 19 Post’s selfportrait, reading the same book – no hat then – same shoes, same trousers. Otherwise I would have thought it was your brother Dennis, the writer. I remembered having seen him at your blog too (like if it were a street in Paris) sitting by your house door, reading Parallel lines, his new book.

4. Pet July 1, 2011 / 1:30 am

Oh I’d forgotten about the beer!It must be a Guinness, with the little harp on the label.

5. Tara Dillard July 1, 2011 / 6:31 am

You’ve done it. Visualized AND created every inch of your garden.No surprise it’s a garden for the camera, kitchen, happiness.XO T

6. Bruce Barone July 1, 2011 / 3:52 pm

Yes; it is me.And I will post the book’s name over at my food blog this weekend.I so wanted to giveaway a gift!Thank You all for visiting my garden!!!

7. Torrie July 1, 2011 / 8:23 pm

:)… (i got here too late!!)

8. Pet July 2, 2011 / 11:23 am

What about the beer?

9. Curtains In My Tree July 3, 2011 / 7:31 pm

I will guess the man is father of the bride, beer bud light and reading a cook book LOL?I found you over on My Old Historic House blog by Richard & Sissyjanice