|Photo by Bruce Barone.|
3 or 4 red potatoes, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 3/4″ slices
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of fresh chopped chocolate mint
1 cup thawed frozen peas
1. Steam the red potatoes, covered, for about 10 minutes or until they are just tender.
2. Transfer red potatoes to a bowl, and toss them with the vinegar, and salt to taste.
3. Let the potatoes cool, and chill them, covered for about 1 hour or until they are cold.
4. Remove potatoes from refrigerator, in another bowl combine mayo and sour cream with the mint.
5. Pour the prepared salad dressing from Step 4 over the potatoes, add the peas, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the potato salad.
6. Serve the salad at room temperature.
We ate this, which was delicious, with grilled summer squash and a ribeye steak. A Malbec was served with dinner. I love chocolate mint, but you could simply substitute mint.
3 thoughts on “Red Potato Salad with Peas and Chocolate Mint”
Ha Bruce, been awhile. I love potatoes and peas. I am making it soon. I don’t have the mint, so will have to try it with out. Great food fun! Richard at My Old Historic House
Sounds wonderful! Yummy!
I’ve never thought of peas or mint in a potato salad. Nice idea.